Surgical Scheduler - Orthopedics Department
- Responsible for scheduling hospital and ambulatory admissions.
- Verbalizes procedure for collection of pre-admission testing data. Coordinates required testing prior to admission and ensures all information and consents are on site for patient's admission/procedure.
- Schedules and enters diagnostic tests and procedures into orders management system, following all appropriate workflows.
- Arranges types and distributes surgery schedule.
- Communicates problems to Nurse/Physician/Clinical Manager.
- Employs appropriate and timely use of tasking.
- Accurately completes any/all necessary forms for the patient
- Performs various clerical duties including faxing, photocopying, scanning, filing and mailing's
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with physicians and nursing staff
- High School/GED required. Vocational / Technical School / Diploma Program preferred.
- Heart Saver certification within 90 days of hire required.
- 0 -- 1 years experience. 2-4 years experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform diverse work assignments with time limitations with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use problem solving, critical thinking and priority setting skills.
- Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail) preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment preferred.
- Experience with patient care equipment preferred.
- Experience with EHR, Practice Management System and Departmental/Ancillary Systems preferred.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching