Learning Specialist - TrainerApply Now
The Learning and Development Department of the Summit Health Management is looking for a learning and development professional with experience in technical/software training and course design (ILT, webinar and eLearning). The ideal applicant will have healthcare experience with Athena (EHR), course design and evaluation experience with technical/software and soft skills courses, and LMS administration experience. This is a fulltime opportunity in New Providence, NJ (not a telecommuting opportunity).
- Educates and trains all staff including physicians and managers on new/existing computer system enhancements, upgrades, and features, education days, and customer service.
- Maintains current & comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft computer applications and in-house computer systems.
- Learn and incorporate new computer applications/enhancements and incorporates into training programs.
- Creates new documentation, handouts, reference guides, training outlines, practice sheets etc., for all computer applications and other correspondence relating to the Training Department.
- Updates/Edits/Reviews all existing documentation handouts, reference guides, training outlines, and practice sheets for all computer applications and other correspondence relating to the Training Department.
- Proofreads and amends all computer and training department documentation/materials.
- Updates documents and correspondence and archives training files. Communicates the updates with appropriate parties.
- Maintains all required document/correspondence on training computer drives.
- Exhibits excellent oral communication skills.
- Provides in-office support for newly enhanced computer applications.
- Tests computer applications for enhancements and upgrades and reports all issues appropriately.
- Maintains all training facilities, ensuring proper operation of PC's and audio-visual equipment and orderliness of training rooms.
- Maintains and updates training databases and training files.
- Demonstrates organization skills by planning ahead and coordinating tasks to assure that projects/classes runs efficiently.
- Is flexible and adapts to changes in schedules/projects in order to accommodate the training needs of the organization.
- Exercises initiative, judgment and knowledge within scope of training responsibilities, in day-to-day activity of the department.
- Thinks "out of the box" and looks ahead for better ways to accomplish tasks/projects.
- Understands the total inter-relationship of the job with other departments and the organization as a whole.
- Assists with special projects as assigned; assists co-workers within department as needed.
- Assists with development, implementation and delivering of mentoring and coaching programs.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-4 years Healthcare Experience with EMR or EHR application systems preferred - Athena preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, oral & written communication skills required.
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize & manage multiple projects and follow through to ensure tasks are complete required.
- Strong Presentation skills required.
- Experience with Audio Visual equipment preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Including Word, Email, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook Calendar) required.
- Experience with database maintenance preferred.
- Experience designing courses for software and soft skills in ILT, Webinar and eLearning formats.
- Knowledge and experience designing training evaluations (Kirkpatrick's Levels 1-3).
- 2+ years of LMS administration experience.
Emerging from the success of SMG, SHM offers an entrepreneurial model of management services to physician practices across the United States. We help our clients drive performance enhancement across their practice and enable them to achieve clinical, financial and operational success.