HCC Professional Fee AbstractorApply Now
- Ability to review documentation and abstract all codes with specific emphasis on identifying the most accurate severity of illness according to CMS HCC (Hierarchical Conditions Categories) guidelines
- Strong understanding of the HCC concepts and impact on Population Health Risk Adjustment reimbursement initiatives
- Effectively uses computer assisted coding tools to review and interpret medical records and applies in-depth knowledge of coding principles to validate missing, incomplete or incorrect CPT and diagnosis codes
- Abstracts, sequences and assigns diagnosis and procedures codes according to CMS HCC and all CPT and ICD 9& 10 guidelines.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Follows up on all outstanding and incomplete provider billing summaries to ensure proper coding
- High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor Degree preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience as a medical coder and 1 to 2 years as a professional fee abstractor
- HCC / Medicare Risk Adjustment experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of CPT-4, ICD-9, ICD-10, HCPCS
- Coding certification should be one or more of the following: CPC, CPC-H, CPMA, RHIT, RHIA
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching