Data Analytics and Reporting SpecialistApply Now
The Data Analytics and Reporting Specialist will leverage their education and experience to analyze and explore data to identify trends and issues as guided by management. They will also produce report programs that are of an operational nature on both an ad-hoc and scheduled basis. The position will develop and deploy reporting solutions to optimize outcomes and increase value for clients of Summit Health Management. They will function as a subject matter expert on organizational data stores.
Essential Job Functions:
- Use database queries, spreadsheets, charts, graphs, and other analytics techniques to discover, explore, document and present issues and trends from the organization's data store.
- Develop and maintain ad-hoc and scheduled operational reports that assist management in effecting organizational change and incent better organizational outcomes.
- Provide ad-hoc data support on complex subjects in an expedited manner.
- Lead/participate in analytical investigations aimed at addressing specific business and/or clinical situations using data with an emphasis on identifying and interpreting trends.
- Develop and make presentations that highlight the exploratory discoveries using a combination of visual and verbal techniques.
- Resolve key data issues involving the quality and consistency of data for analytical purposes.
- Develop and maintain T-SQL based procedures that pre-process and pre-summarize data to organize data for faster, easier, and repeatable use within reports.
- Work with the database and data loading development team on an as-needed basis to influence the structure of database tables and indexes to better support the reporting needs.
- Ability to independently:
- Gather requirements from non-technical business & clinical workforce members
- Synthesize requirements into a technical specification for development by technical resources
- Familiar with relational data structures, theories, principles, practices and data modeling.
- At least 3 years of experience with Structured Query Language of some form is required. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL is preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience with report development software that uses SQL queries to retrieve data and can produce tabular, chart, and/or graphic reports is required. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services "Report Builder" or "Visual Studio Report Projects" is preferred.
- Experience with and proficiency with statistical programs such as, but not limited to, SPSSS, SAS, and Minitab is preferred.
- Experience with and proficiency with analytics software such as, but not limited to, PowerBI, Qlik, Cognos, or Focus is preferred.
- Experience working with structured & unstructured data, including data manipulation &/or mining is required.
- Understand best practices in presenting and visualizing data in graphical and tabular formats
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
Leadership, Mentorship & Project Management:
- Lead large projects associated with ongoing development of data and data services
- Responsible for managing new projects independently
- Participate as a key team member in organizational projects
- Function as a consultant on organization projects with domain knowledge around data, data sources, the data platform and analytics
- Provide mentorship to other members of the data analytics and IT team through coaching, mentoring, and acting as a positive role model
- Act as a coach and mentor for subject matter experts on the data, data platforms and data analytics
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert within the organization and at meetings related to data analytics team
- Participate as an active member and subject matter expert within the data governance process
- Actively identify opportunities for improvement within the functional area of data analytics and data management and suggest modifications
- Identify opportunities, deficiency or gaps in data models within the organization
- Take ownership of identified gaps, propose, revise and execute changes to process (remove for Jr. position)
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching