Authorization SpecialistApply Now
The Authorization Specialist is responsible for:
- Identifies all appointments and procedures for assigned departments that require authorization by monitoring the schedules, system reports, and dashboards.
- Identifies the referral and authorization requirements of the patients' insurance plans by using various on-line resources according to department workflows.
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits, and updates the patient's insurance information as necessary.
- Completes referrals and prior authorizations in a timely manner according to department guidelines and workflows.
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Selecting the correct insurance package in athenaCollector
- Updating authorizations and claims to reflect the new insurance package
- Other job duties as required.
High School Graduate/GED required.
Diploma from a vocational/technical school preferred.
0-1 years experience required.
2-4 years experience preferred.
Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing required.
Excellent organizational and customer service skills required.
Ability to handle multiple tasks and to work under pressure preferred.
Familiar with JCAHO standards and other regulatory requirements required.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching