File ClerkApply Now
The File Clerk will be responsible for:
- Accurate and complete diagnostic and procedural coding in medical records.
- Retrieves medical files from throughout the hospital
- Prepares medical files for scanning into the Health Info Management systems.
- Answers phone calls to the Health Info Management department
- Distributes report
- Scans and indexes documents into Athena.
- All File Clerks work the Athena task list throughout the day.
- The designated staff members retrieve, process, and prepare charts for delivery to providers as requested.
- Receives incoming correspondence from each department and makes sure each document has the medical record number appropriately displayed.
- Manages archived boxes of charts in the warehouse.
- Works on DESTROY process when appropriate.
- Processes charts of deceased patients.
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail.
- High School Graduate/GED required.
- Minimum 0-1 years of work experience.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) required.
- Ability to multi -- task, organize & prioritize workload required.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing required.
- Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail) preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment preferred.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching