Clinical Office Supervisor - RNApply Now
Seeking an experienced RN Leader to oversee the clinic operations at a busy, fast-paced internal medicine outpatient practice in the NW Valley. We are looking for a dynamic, people-centric nurse leader with a passion for reshaping healthcare delivery!
Essential Job functions:
- Coordination of Daily Operations: Provides leadership and support in day to day operations. (. Assigns duties based upon education, training, competencies and job descriptions. Coordinates and integrates the nursing service with other patient care services to provide a continuum of care for the patient.
- Policy and Procedure Compliance: Ensures policies and procedures are properly communicated and adhered to. Implements and monitors compliance to patient care and professional standards established by the Department of Nursing, state law and regulatory agencies. Keeps staff informed of changes in policies and procedures.
- Logistics and Scheduling: Reviews and assumes accountability for staff monthly schedules. Monitors and controls overtime use. Monitors weekly staff swipe reports and payroll submission.
- Performance Evaluations: Coordinates and assists with training, monitoring, and evaluation of staff. Develops, coordinates and continually evaluates the department orientation program. Develops and implements the staff learning needs, in collaboration with the appropriate resources.
- Quality and Care Management Support: Creates an environment and culture that enables delivery of high-quality patient care.
- Compliance: Monitors departmental compliance with all applicable standards (OSHA, HIPPA, and Occurrence Reporting); reports compliance concerns; ensures utilization of resources for resolution of issues. Acquires, maintains and applies knowledge of state and federal regulations and accreditation guidelines.
- Information Technology: In collaboration with the Director, advances the department's technology including the use of the information technology and the implementation and appropriate use of the Electronic Medical Record, Practice Management System, Departmental /Ancillary systems.
- Coordination, Collaboration and Communication: With staff and Providers: Works in collaboration with the service-line Chief for Family Medicine. Works cooperatively and collaboratively with the physicians and staff; assures the availability of necessary equipment, supplies and instrumentation is established and continually managed.
- Competency, Training and Education: In collaboration with Director, maintains and expands staff competencies, as well as implementing ongoing internal education programs and encouraging participation in outside continuing education. Counsels and encourages staff in the pursuit of individual career goals: e.g, advanced education preparation, change in clinical area or preparation for promotional opportunities, etc.
- Promotes a culture of service and monitors and addresses patient satisfaction.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings to promote engagement and education of staff members. Communicates pertinent information with regard to the organization.
- All other duties as assigned.
General Job Functions:
- Assumes responsibility for own professional development and practice. Develops professional goals to maintain and expand clinical and managerial competency. Serves as a role model for professional nursing practice.
- Participates in departmental and organizational committees.
- Collaborates with the Director in the development of departmental goals and objectives.
- Utilizes the organizational mission to implement system changes in health care delivery that maintain quality care and fiscal integrity.
- Participates in program planning for new projects.
- Provides effective visionary leadership in the development of policies, procedures, and protocols that are to be used to integrate systems, coordinate tasks and effectively change delivery systems to reflect today's health care environment.
- Interviews and employs personnel, supervises and evaluates performance, initiates corrective action plan and discipline, as appropriate.
- Collaborates with the Director on the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets based upon unit needs and goals.
- Maintains personnel and other direct expenses with budgetary expectations.
- Monitors monthly reports and analyzes trends and takes action appropriately.
- Develops and implements cost containment strategies; educates personnel on their role in controlling costs.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with other departments within the organization. Monitors services provided and collaborates in developing methods to improve utilization and efficiency.
- Demonstrates effective use of verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility with various work schedules
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- Associate Degree in Nursing, required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2 years Managerial experience required, 4+ years preferred
- Arizona State RN License as required
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Valid Driver's license and Auto Insurance
- Experience working directly with Physicians
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to perform diverse work assignments with time limitations with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use problem-solving, critical thinking and priority setting skills
- Knowledge of current nursing practices and protocols
- Ability to lead and manage a team
Physical Job Requirements:
- Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Physical agility, which includes ability to maneuver body while in place.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking).
- Allergens: dust, mold and/or pollen
- Combative Patients / Visitors
- 10% travel between Summit Health Management locations
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching