Care ManagerApply Now
The Care Manager is responsible for:
- Conducting case conferences for development of care management plans for target patient populations in collaboration with primary care physician and other care team members and ancillary providers.
- Implementing specific care coordination activities or interventions to achieve the goals set by the Primary Care, Quality and Care Management teams.
- Coordinating a wide range of self-management support and disease registry activities for assigned patient population.
- Coordinating the process by which the patient obtains needed care; integrates and/or modifies the resources necessary to achieve the established goals.
- Consulting and collaborating with other external agencies and community resources to provides support services.
- Partners with patient and family to develop short and long term goals for self-management of chronic conditions.
- Provides ongoing monitoring of patient involvement, participation and compliance with treatment plan and goals.
- Other job duties as required.
BSN Degree required.Valid NJ RN License and valid driver's license required.
Certified Case Manager (CCM) preferred.
2-4 years clinical patient care experience in acute care setting and/or chronic disease management required.
1-2 years case/utilization management experience in an acute care or insurance company setting preferred.
Experience with standard office technology in a Window based environment preferred.
Experience with standard office equipment (phone, fax, copy, machine, scanner, email/voicemail) preferred.
Emerging from the success of SMG, SHM offers an entrepreneurial model of management services to physician practices across the United States. We help our clients drive performance enhancement across their practice and enable them to achieve clinical, financial and operational success.