Per Diem Medical Assistant - Urgent Care Center
We are hiring for a Per Diem Medical Assistant to join our Urgent Care Center Team. This role will be responsible for coverage at our Urgent Care Center locations including Berkeley Heights, Florham Park, Livingston and Westfield. This position can include evening and weekend hours. The Medical Assistant will be responsible for:
- Prepares the examination room. Escorts patient into the room. Cleans examination room when exam is complete.
- Maintains efficient patient flow.
- Ensures proper preparation for patient visit. Prepares pertinent information needed for patient visit.
- Communicates & provides care consistent with age, cultural, spiritual and developmental needs of the patient.
- Answers the telephone in an appropriate manner. Directs calls and/or takes accurate messages.
- Schedules appointments accurately and appropriately according to departmental guidelines.
- Consistently and accurately stocks examination rooms with all necessary supplies.
- Assists in ordering and maintaining of all supplies as assigned.
- Reconciles encounters daily and accurately, according to policy guidelines.
- High School Graduate/GED / EquivalentWork or Vocational / Technical School / Diploma, required. Associate Degree's preferred.
- 0-1 year related work experience, required. 2-4 years related work experience, preferred.
- Medical Assistant certification, required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or within 30 days of hire, required
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, required
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner, required
- Basic proficiency in computer use, required
- Ability to commute to satellite offices as needed, required
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching