Patient Service Rep - Float - Adult Primary CareApply Now
Essential Job functions:
- Greets visitors, patients, and families in a friendly professional manner and directs them appropriately.
- Maintains an efficient patient flow through the registration process and provides excellent customer service to patients/families.
- Promptly answers the telephone, directs all calls appropriately, takes an accurate message and delivers to the appropriate individual/demonstrates appropriate etiquette.
- Informs patients of delay in physician schedules, assists with patient comfort while delayed.
- Posts all self pay charges, collects payments, and provides patient with receipt. Accurately reconciles daily payments. Reconciles billing slips to daily schedule.
- Opens and closes batches properly, accurately reconciles collections, prepares deposits and documents corrections.
- Scans the insurance card, processes insurance verifications utilizing the on-line system, and updates the patient account. Updates patient information including demographics, insurance, HIPAA forms and financial waivers.
- Schedules appointments accurately according to department guidelines; using waitlist when applicable. Confirms future appointments as needed. Review Eligibility and Phone report.
- Schedules and enters orders for diagnostic tests, and procedures, following all appropriate workflows.
- Works cooperatively with Patient Care Resources and clinical staff to ensure timely pre-authorizations.
- Completes referrals according to departmental guidelines and properly enters into the appropriate system.
- Effectively communicates problems, concerns, or issues to the Office Supervisor / Manager appropriately and promptly.
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- High School Graduate or GED required. Associate Degree preferred.
- Heartsaver within 30 days of hire.
- Previous PSR experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of medical office and terminology preferred.
- Basic proficiency in computer use required. Previous experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment preferred.
- Experience with EHR, Practice Management System and Departmental/Ancillary Systems preferred.
**Must be flexible to float between locations as needed**
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching