PACS AdministratorApply Now
Designs and Implements activities of Key Information Systems applications, as well as Project Management and Quality Performance. This position also provides direction and support for IS solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. Collaborates with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
Essential Functions (greater than or equal to 10% of time):
Key Application Support -- PACs and Imaging Services
- Responsible for successful planning and implementation of PAC's DR Systems application.
- Responsible for maintaining a stable and responsive application environment.
- Responsible for establishing and monitoring of DRP plan, including OS and data backups, failover tests and recoveries as well as associated documentation.
- Manage and resolve database and technical alerts from the application environment.
- Communicates project service level agreements, and resource allocation to department leads, support staff, and end-users.
- Responsible for notifying the IS Director and Imaging Services Manager of any system failures, and subsequent resolution.
- Ensures compliance with safe work practices and maintains high awareness for safe working environment.
- Manage and ensure timely and complete capture of digital imaging and communications in DICOM.
- Project Management and Coordination
- Develop and manage comprehensive project plan(s) in order to accomplish set goals within constraints such as time, costs and agreed quality standards.
- Schedule tasks, deadlines and milestones for all stakeholders and resources.
- Create detailed charts of milestones for all parties.
- Run the assigned project(s) on a day to day basis.
- Schedule and attend project(s) meetings.
- Coordinate resources with assigned tasks as needed.
- Coordinate communication between all levels involved in the project(s).
- Identify schedule uncertainties and risks for the assigned project(s) and develop contingency plans.
- Efficiently and competently manage problems -- when things go off plan (due to scope-creep, changed requirements, missed deadlines etc) bring them back on plan or create a new plan with the assistance of key-stakeholders.
- Evaluate deliverables prepared by the team to make sure the work meets requirements and maintains a high level of quality.
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of project(s) to all stakeholders.
- Quality Service Performance
- Research and assist in defining service level agreements (SLA's) for both internal and external IS customers (including potential MSO services).
- Ensure SLA's are achieved and customers expectations are met (or exceeded)
- Build strong service relationships with Information System's customers.
- Ensure that systems, processes and methodologies as specified are followed to ensure effective monitoring, control and support of service delivery.
- Provide reports to an agreed schedule (or on request), including management and account performance reports.
- Manage IS service review meetings; areas covered will include performance reports, service improvements, quality and processes.
- Research potential technology solutions in support of new initiatives.
- Perform other duties such as, CT scanning or xrays as assigned or necessary.
- Assists the IS Director and Imaging Manager with formulation and deployment of long term strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning, organizing, and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- May be required by their manager/lead to perform other duties which may be necessary or desirable.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Job Requirements
Education and/or Experience:
Graduate of an approved radiological program is required. One year PACS administration experience is required. DR systems, PACS experience is preferred
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong analytical and communication skills required. Two years system or application management experience required. Microsoft Database Certification preferred. SQL and database administration experience desired. Experience with system design and development from business analysis requirements. Ability to manage project status including use of project management tools and disciplines. Experience and ability to work in and/or create a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Strong customer service orientation.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching