Oncology Pharmacy TechnicianApply Now
To ensure overall quality of medication and infusion preparation for agents administered in the SMG Infusion Center(s). Compound chemotherapeutic and non-chemotherapeutic agents in the SMG Infusion Center(s). Ensure compliance with USP-800 guidelines for the handling of hazardous drugs.
Essential Job functions:
The Oncology Pharmacy Technician will be expected to demonstrate ability to perform the following:
- Review prescriptions to assure accuracy, to ascertain the needed ingredients, and to evaluate their suitability.
- Compounds medications, chemotherapy and biotherapy using proper aseptic technique.
- Assess the identity, strength, or purity of medications.
- Properly handle and dispose of hazardous drugs and waste materials following OSHA and NIOSH guidelines.
- Perform mathematical calculations to determine appropriate drug measurements for compounding of ordered medications.
- Plan, implement, or maintain procedures for missing, packaging, or labeling pharmaceuticals, according to policy and legal requirements, to ensure quality, security, and proper disposal.
- Enter and remove medications into and from the Nucleus System.
- Conduct routine medication inventories including monitoring for expired drugs and assist with inventory control of medications in the infusion room, storage room and satellite locations.
- Assist in ordering supplies and medication. Receive and restock medications.
- Maintain any necessary QA logs, including (but not limited to) cleaning logs, temperature logs, waste logs, expired and destroyed medication logs, and others.
- Participate in training and orientation of new employees as needed.
- Comply with the Summit Medical Group incident reporting policy and procedures.
- Adhere to all OSHA and Summit Medical Group training and accomplishments as required per policy.
- Provide other job duties as assigned.
- Report issues and concerns to supervising pharmacist and manager in a timely manner.
- Follow the established Intellidose Workflow
- Confined Spaces
- Extreme temperatures
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- High School Graduate/GED/ Equivalent Work
- Vocational / Technical School / Diploma Program
- Oregon Board of Pharmacy Technician registration
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) with PTCB
- Minimum 2 years of hospital or outpatient infusion setting experience that includes IV compounding of chemo and non-chemo infusions.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail)
- Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment
- BLS Certification
- Valid License
Physical / Mental Job Requirements:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking)
- This position operates in a typical office environment, often in cubicles and shared space. The area is well-lit, temperature controlled and free from hazards.
- Communicates frequently to person, via email, teleconference or telephone, with people in many various locations, on a variety of issues.
- Manual dexterity is needed to operate a keyboard.
- Hearing is needed for extensive telephone and/or in-person communication.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching