Medical Lab Tech - Full-timeApply Now
Analyzes laboratory specimens and subsequent result reporting according to laboratory protocol and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions (greater than or equal to 10% of time):
Performs accurate and appropriate testing of specimens received in the laboratory, according to established laboratory protocol and procedures.
- Performs high complexity laboratory testing and report results
- Reports test results in a timely manner and according to established laboratory protocol and procedures
- Follows established procedures for laboratory quality control and reports discrepancies to the appropriate supervisor
- Conducts specimen processing
Troubleshoots instruments, equipment, reagents, and patient specimen's when problems occur
- Notifies supervisor when problems are identified that may adversely affect test performance or reporting
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, or as needed, maintenance on instruments and equipment as appropriate
- Performs maintenance of equipment and calibration of testing as required
Performs phlebotomy and other laboratory duties as appropriate for the patient requiring this procedure
- Obtains blood samples by skin puncture, and venipuncture
- Instructs patients in proper collection of urine samples
- Performs drug screen collections
Enters lab orders into the Laboratory Information System
Assists in other areas of the Laboratory as needed
Assists in the training of new employees and student interns in the performance of phlebotomy duties
- Aids co-workers when needed and communicates with laboratory department to ensure an orderly work flow
Supervisory Responsibilities:This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Education and/or Experience:
Associates degree required. Successful completion of Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) course of study. One year experience of general laboratory testing.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of medical terminology, and lab testing requirements. Skill in phlebotomy techniques with adults, pediatrics, and geriatrics. Computer/data entry skills. Ability to work at a fast pace, communicate in a clear and effective manner, and read/follow procedures accurately.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Fast-paced environment especially in dealing with urgent care situations. Direct patient and client contact while delivering services and treatment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposure to blood or other human bodily fluids. Some weekend and evening hours may be required during peak times. Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
Deliver quality healthcare through teamwork, dependability, innovation, integrity, and compassion.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching