Medical Assistant (MA) - Ophthalmology
Essential Job functions:
- Prepares the examination room. Escorts patient into the room. Cleans examination room when exam is complete.
- Ensures proper preparation for patient visit. Prepares pertinent information needed for patient visit.
- Maintains efficient patient flow.
- Communicates & provides care consistent with age, cultural, spiritual and developmental needs of the patient.
- Answers the telephone in an appropriate manner. Directs calls and/or takes accurate messages.
- Schedules appointments accurately and appropriately according to departmental guidelines.
- Consistently and accurately stocks examination rooms with all necessary supplies.
- Reconciles encounters daily and accurately, according to policy guidelines.
- Effectively communicates problems, concerns or issues to the Supervisor and/or Manager appropriately and promptly.
- Obtains vital signs: BP, temp, pulse, height & weight accurately and completely as required. Documents appropriately in EHR.
- Reviews and updates medication list and accurately documents known allergies in the Electronic Health Record (EHR). Demonstrates an understanding of prescription control and prescription refill procedures.
- Accurately documents allergies in EHR.
- Facilitates transition of care to UCC/Hospital.
- Provides referrals and/or consult orders appropriately and in a timely manner in the PMS and EHR.
- Employs appropriate and timely use of Tasking in EHR.
General Job Functions:
- Responsible for assisting physician, PA or NP with clerical duties, patient flow, patient care and procedures.
- Demonstrates flexibility with various work schedules.
- Other duties as required.
- Chemicals, Chemotherapy and Fumes
- Loud noises
- Extreme temperatures
- Confined spaces
- Allergens: dust, mold and/or pollen
- Magnetic fields
- Exposure to infectious hazards, blood, body fluids, non-intact skin, or tissue specimens
- Contact with patients or patient specimens are possible
- Unplanned or unexpected exposure.
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- High School Graduate /GED recipient or diploma from vocational or technical school. Associate Degree preferred.
- Medical Assistant Certification Required to be obtained within 6 months of start date to ensure continued employment: Please be advised that all SHM Medical Assistants are required to obtain and maintain MA Certification. Optional Certifications accepted are: CMA, RMA, EMT, AMET, or Paramedic (active State of Oregon license) required. If appropriate certification is not obtained within 6 months' human resources will re-evaluate employment status.
- BLS certification.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to deal with difficult personalities.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Basic proficiency in computer use.
- Knowledge of medical office and terminology preferred.
- Experience with patient care equipment preferred.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Pushing and pulling, taking frequency into consideration.
- Physical strength to lift heavy objects, carts, or items, taking frequency into consideration.
- Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Physical agility, which includes ability to maneuver body while in place.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Balance is maintained during climbing, bending and/or reaching +
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking).
- Ability to commute to satellite offices as needed.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching