LPN - Urgent Care (Full-time)Apply Now
Essential Job functions:
- Responsible for providing professional nursing care to the office patients in noncomplex situations under the supervision of Physician and Clinical Office Supervisor or Clinical Coordinator.
- Delivers direct patient care within the scope of licensure and in accordance with SUMMIT policy.
- Assumes accountability for the quality of care, which he/she has delivered including maintaining standard precautions.
- Maintains efficient patient flow.
- Collects lab specimens according to departmental guidelines. Accurately labels specimens.
- Prioritizes patient care by implementing physician orders and nursing procedures. Documents appropriately in the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Assures all patients are correctly identified prior to providing and/or documenting care.
- Communicates & provides care consistent with age, cultural, spiritual and developmental needs of the patient.
- Employs appropriate and timely use of Tasking in EHR.
- Schedules appointments appropriately and accurately according to department guidelines.
- Administers injections according to appropriate protocol. Documents injections accurately in HER
- Appropriately demonstrates telephone triage protocols and document in EHR.
- Effectively communicates problems, concerns or issues to the Office Supervisor/Manager appropriately and promptly.
- Ensures proper preparation for patient visit. Prepares pertinent information needed for patient visit.
- Obtains vital signs: BP, temp, pulse, height & weight accurately and completely as required. Documents appropriately in EHR.
- Reviews and updates medication list in EHR. Demonstrates understanding of prescription control and prescription refill procedures. Accurately and completely documents known allergies in EHR.
- Appropriately enters orders and schedules appointments in the Practice Management System (PMS) and EHR.
- Provides referrals and/or consult orders appropriately and in a timely manner in the PMS and EHR.
- Facilitates transition of care to UCC/Hospital.
General Job functions:
- Appropriately adheres to universal safety precautions when administering medications and disposal of medical waste.
- Maintains proficiency with department specific equipment troubleshoots and reports malfunctions promptly.
- Checks and maintains logs for emergency equipment according to policy.
- Assists in ordering and maintaining of all supplies as assigned.
- Demonstrates flexibility with various work schedules.
- Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned.
- Chemicals, Chemotherapy and Fumes
- Loud noises
- Extreme temperatures
- Confined spaces
- Allergens: dust, mold and/or pollen
- Magnetic fields
- Exposure to infectious hazards, blood, body fluids, non-intact skin, or tissue specimens.
- Contact with patients or patient specimens is possible
- Unplanned or unexpected exposure
Job Requirements Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements: Physical Job Requirements: Travel:
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
Physical Job Requirements:
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching