Integrated Behavioral Health Clinician- Pediatrics
Position Summary: Provides short-term integrated behavioral healthcare services to patients and the providers dedicated to Summit Medical Group. This position will be dedicated to our Pediatric department.
Essential Job functions:
- Provides individual or group treatment in a primary care environment.
- Performs crisis intervention as needed.
- Performs accurate patient evaluations and makes appropriate treatment recommendations and referrals.
- Sets clear and specific treatment goals.
- Researches and employs evidence based solution-focused treatments.
- Demonstrates effective patient communication including empathy, collaboration and patient education.
- Demonstrates effective treatment outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Completes accurate and timely patient documentation.
- Works collaboratively with referring providers and follows up in a timely manner.
- Engages in projects and the development of treatment programs as requested
- Provides educational programs to the SMG and the community as requested
- Adheres to the ethics of their profession and the regulations of the OR State Board of Examiners
- Average daily volume is 6 patient visits per day. Minimum of 50% of schedule is open for same day access.
- Accepts and utilizes clinical feedback provided in clinical and peer supervision
General Job functions:
- Uses appropriate assessments in a primary care environment.
- Uses simple and concrete interventions that can be supported by primary care team members.
- Conducts rounds on a daily basis.
- Works to insure that physicians, nurses, MAs and other staff know about their services and how to access those services.
- Brief interventions averaging 30 minutes.
- Develops group protocols and delivers them to patients in a timely and effective way.
- Makes appropriate entries in the Integrated Behavioral Health registry.
- Engages in telephonic interventions as required.
- Other job duties as required.
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- Master's Degree required.
- 3 years' experience required, 5 years preferred. Previous experience with an integrated model is preferred.
- OR State License in Social Work, Professional Counseling or Psychology required.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing required.
- Training and experience in solution focused therapies and interventions preferred.
- Past work experience with physicians, nurses and medical staff preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, organize & prioritize workload along with being flexible is required.
- Familiarity with a wide range of both mental and physical illnesses and conditions preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail) preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment preferred.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking).
Travel to satellite locations for meeting
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching