Insurance SpecialistApply Now
The Insurance Specialist will communicate with insurance companies to secure payment for the services and procedures provided by SUMMIT in an accurate and timely manner. This position will research and resolve billing errors including resubmission of claims to insurance companies.
Essential Functions (greater than or equal to 10% of time):
- Communicates with insurance companies after services are provided.
- Researches any issues that could prevent collection of payment.
- Conducts research regarding any billing errors.
- Verifies ICD-9/10 coding
- Performs corrections to claims and resubmits claims to insurance company.
- Conducts verification of insurance.
- Updates patient's file.
- Researches with insurance carrier and HIPPA changes.
- Performs payment posting and charge entry as needed.
- Provides support to other areas of Business Services as needed.
- Answers patient inquires
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactorily.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of one year experience in medical claims or billing required.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, medical terminology, and practice management system.
- Basic computer and typing skills with an emphasis on 10 key.
- Effective verbal communication especially in phone conversation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of coding conventions and procedures, such as ICD-9/10 and CPT.
- Knowledge of medical insurance billing practices.
Travel: -- possible travel to and from satellite locations
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching