Housekeeper - FacilitiesApply Now
The Housekeeper is responsible for receiving, storing and distributing clean, processed linen in-house and returning soiled linen to the commercial laundry for reprocessing. The employees is also responsible for the cleaning of all offices, restrooms, common areas, entrances, etc.
Essential Job functions:
- Performs routine and/or special cleaning tasks in assigned area in accordance with established procedures to maintain facility standards of cleanliness while ensuring safety, health, and morale of customers with minimal interference to routine operations.
- Performs cleaning, wrapping, and sterilizing all medical instruments following standards.
- Maintains maintenance on Autoclave and other equipment.
- Properly handles, stores, and disposes of municipal waste. Collects trash and refuse from central points in Medical Center on a regular schedule. Transports trash and refuse to compactor and incinerator.
- Accepts responsibility for the appropriate use of resources (e.g. chemicals, equipment and supplies).
- Collects and removes recyclable materials from both interior and exterior of the building. Disposes of material according to recycling guidelines.
- Completes necessary paperwork for proper documentation of housekeeping tasks.
General Job functions:
- Ability to perform special assignments (e.g. snow removal, outside sweeping) according to departmental policy and procedure.
- Other job duties as required.
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- High School Graduate/GED required.
- Minimum 0-1 years of work experience. 2-4 years preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to process paperwork required.
- Experience using Linen Carts.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail) preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment preferred.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Pushing and pulling, taking frequency and weight into consideration.
- Physical strength to lift heavy objects, carts, or items, taking frequency and weight into consideration.
- Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Balance is maintained during climbing, bending and/or reaching
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking).
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching