Emergency Medical Tech II - Paramedic - (UCC) - Full-timeApply Now
The EMT (UCC Tech II) performs tasks (within the scope of their practice/licensing requirements) required to ensure efficient and effective delivery of patient care in the Urgent Care clinical environment. Care shall be delivered in accordance with acceptable medical practice standards, department practice standards and issued orders.
Essential Job functions:
- Performs pre-physician exam preparation (rooms patient, takes vital signs as per area standard, documents in EHR and alerts provider as needed).
- Initiates and maintains peripheral intravenous (I.V.) lines, administers IV fluids and medications as directed.
- May provide advanced life support in the resuscitation of patients in cardiac arrest.
- Assists with obtaining information for patient care such as lab reports, imaging studies, and chart notes from outside clinics.
- Obtains blood specimens by performing venipunctures and fingerstick.
- Provides non--direct patient care/support services to staff under the direction of licensed personnel.
- Assists with stocking clinical and clerical areas.
- Assists with cleaning instruments, room preparation, and the autoclaving process.
- score: N/A
General Job functions:
- Other duties as assigned
- Extreme temperature
- Confined spaces
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- AAS in Emergency Medical Services and current State of Oregon EMT Paramedic license required. Must also have the ability to pass Summit Health Management's internal skills test for Phlebotomy within 90 days of hire date. Will be required to obtain/maintain active CPR, BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications. Provide prompt, accurate service to internal and external customers.
- Provide prompt, accurate service to internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of clinic's exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team to facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to provide direct care and interventions to patients under the direct supervision of a licensed provider.
- Competent in IV placement, maintenance, and delivery of IV fluids and medications. Must demonstrate satisfactory phlebotomy skills.
- Basic knowledge of ICD-9, ICD-10 and CPT/HCPS coding procedures.
- Strong typing skills and working knowledge of computer systems, particularly with a windows-based environment.
- Communicate effectively with customer and co-workers. Basic knowledge of medical
Physical Job Requirements:
- Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Physical agility, which includes ability to maneuver body while in place.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking).
- Travel to satellite locations for meetings
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching