Customer Care Representative- SchedulingApply Now
Essential Job functions:
- Answers telephone, schedules appointments according to protocol.
- Obtains, verifies and updates patient information; maintains confidentiality according to policies:
- Patient demographics
- Pre-registration of patients
- Insurance contracts and coverage
- Other data fields as needed
- Ensures accuracy in placing orders in the electronic health record.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the insurance grid for all services performed
- Adheres to workforce maximization schedule.
- Answers phones immediately and demonstrates ability to transfer calls with the highest customer service possible. Consistently provides the highest level of customer service when interfacing with patients, co-workers and other SMG departments.
- Achieves a minimum call standard as pre-determined by department goals. Maintain 90% or higher call quality threshold
- Works as a team member demonstrating respect of the individuals, supportive and helpful towards co-workers and physicians.
- Maintains a clean and professional work environment.
- Establish and maintains a positive working environment at all times -- acts as a brand ambassador for all SMG providers and services.
General Job functions:
- Responsible for scheduling patient appointments in multi-specialty, multi-location environment.
- Accurately recommends physicians and schedules into more than 18 medical specialties with individual scheduling criteria for 100+ providers.
- Responsible to identify and coordinate the required medical test prior to seeing a physician for a physical examination or to bring a patient in fasting.
- Creates patient orders in the electronic health record with correct diagnostic codes for physician's review for laboratory and imaging testing.
- Coordinates diabetes focused visits which include identifying and scheduling required diabetic labs, identifying correct diagnostic codes for diabetic orders and also identify if an ophthalmology or podiatry appointment is required.
- Coordinates appropriate patient appointments for the SMG Hedis outcome initiative which is tied to physician dashboards.
- Must be able to identify WC/MVA insurance cases for referral to a case coordinator.
- Perform patient account upgrades including demographics, health insurance, referring provider and PCP.
- Must be knowledgeable and conversational in all health insurances that are par or non-par with SMG.
- Adheres to the call center schedule while being accountable to follow specific call quality guidelines and measurements.
- Reviews any outstanding monies due to SMG when scheduling appointments.
- Must be comfortable with daily extensive computer use navigating multiple applications while engaging in conversations with patients or clinical office staff.
- Confined Spaces
- Allergens: dust, mold and/or pollen
- Combative patients/visitors
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- High School Graduate/GED required.
- 2 years customer service experience required.
- 2-4 years' related experience preferred
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing required.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner required. Strong attention to detail required.
- Previous office and computer experience required. Experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail) preferred.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Required to wear a headset.
Use your profile to find a job that fits your background.Start Matching